All of us love our pets, to the point that we sleep and eat at the same time with them. Most of the time, we also bring them on family vacations and outings. But there are also times that we can’t take them with us, like a honeymoon trip with your partner and especially if you are going on business trips. Asking your neighbor or family relatives to take care of them can be quite difficult because they also have other things to attend to. Good thing that there are several pet businesses that offers boarding facilities.
Pet businesses are continuously expanding the services that they are offering. Besides from the merchandise store of pet accessories and offering grooming services, some of them now also offer pet owners with pet training and overnight pet boarding. You can now enjoy your trip without worrying about your pet’s well-being. Here are some of the offers of companies for pet boarding:
- Sleeping accommodations: You can choose between an open-air atrium, furnished with cot and hypoallergenic bedding, or a private suite, with floor-to-ceiling wall that provides quieter environment and a television tuned to pet-themed shows.
- Snacks: Of course, you don’t want your pet to be hungry while you are away. Several snacks and treats are offered in pet boarding.
- Playtime: It is important that your pet will run and do some exercises. Pet boarding also offers indoor space that is safe and comfortable area for your pet to play. The area is usually supervised by a trained pet specialist. You can also choose if your pet will play with other pets or just play alone.
- Grooming Services: You can also choose to pamper your pet before picking them up from pet boarding. You can give them nail trimming and bath before going home.
- Pet Training Camp: Pet training instructors are also available in some pet boarding companies. If you wish your pet to learn a few tricks or things, you can also enroll them to pet training camp.
We treat our pets as part of our family, therefore we want to give them the best care they need, especially when they are sick or injured. Just like a normal person, pets also experience health issues, have accidents or simply get themselves into harm that requires a visit to veterinary clinics. Veterinary care can be costly and as it becomes more advanced, the costs continue to rise. Unexpected illnesses and accidents can be a big problem in your budget. Pet medical insurance is now widely available in the market as the veterinary industry develop more advance medical techniques and drugs, and most owners wanted to provide high-quality health care for their pets.
- Pet insurance pays partly or the total cost of the veterinary treatment.
- In some policies, insurance companies even pay out the owners when the pet dies, of it the pet is lost or stolen.
- Most of the companies offer pet insurance plans that cover up to 80% of the cost of eligible vet bills.
- It also provides additional services like routine care, alternative treatments and dental illness.
- With this type of insurance, you will have financial peace of mind even if unexpected veterinary bills came in your home.
- You can avail pet insurance online; you just have to sign-up in your preferred website and provide your personal information and banking details. If you are not satisfied with your security software and plug-ins on your computer, you can also buy proxy that offers additional security in your web browsing by hiding your IP address.
In Australia, RSPCA Pet Insurance offers the same kind of insurance for pets. But in return, a portion of the premiums that pet owners pay goes to the fund of the organization. Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or RSPCA is a large organization that promotes animal welfare. Each state and territory of Australia has their own branches. The organization’s purpose is to be a leading authority in animal care and protection, and to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
Most of us have a pet in our home. It can be a dog, cat, bird, turtle, guinea pig, rabbit and other pets that can be taken care at home. It is proven that having a pet in your home can bring you several health benefits, including physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Children’s early exposure to animals lessens their chance of having allergies. By being exposed to several allergens and dirt, pets help in building up the child’s immune system.
- Owning a pet can improve your social skills. If you are having difficulties talking to other people, then pets can be a starting topic. Taking your dog for a walk in parks and meeting other pet owners can be your way in improving your socialization skills.
- Presence of pets can improve the overall health of the heart. Studies show that pet owners exhibit decreased blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels – which means that the tendency of heart attack was minimized. This benefit is connected with pets helping their owner to reduce or control their stress level.
- They motivate you to do exercise, especially if your pet is a dog. Dogs need to be walked several times a day. They are also a good companion in running and hiking. In this way, both the pet and the owner keep fit and healthy.
- They make you feel that you have a purpose, especially when you are feeling down. Their companionship can boost your overall mood and can make you feel happy. Particularly, the sick and elderly receive treatment and care with Animal-assisted Therapy (ATT) or Pet-facilitated Therapy (PFT).
- They add structure and routine to our day. Pets require regular feeding and exercise and it is the owner’s responsibility to fulfill such needs. Thus, pets make us more responsible.
For most of us, pets are more than just animals; they are also part of our family. They give us unconditional love; provide us many health benefits; and most of all they make us better.
We are natural animal-lovers and most of us have pets in our homes. We practically treat them as part of our family. They are even present in family gatherings, and you can definitely see them included in family photos. Pets are so cute and adorable that we document almost all of their daily activities, especially the funny ones. You can see some people in social media, posting pictures, videos, and blogs about their pets. This kind of posts attracts other people to adopt one, but they don’t know anything about taking care of pets. Thanks to the current technology, we can easily search information about pets online. If you want to have your own pet and don’t have any idea, then you can visit Petwebsite. They give information about different kinds of pets; up-to-date pet news; and they also sell pets and pet products. If you are interested to know more about pets, particularly dogs and cats, you can visit websites, such as:
If you are an animal-lover and want to brag about your pet, you can blog about it. You can simply post pictures and videos of them. You can blog about things that you learn from your pet; this is a good way to share information to other fellow pet owners. Some useful tips are about taking care of pets: how to properly wash them; the suitable food for a specific breed; how to know if they are not feeling well. If you want to boost your audience and website visitors, there are website where you can purchase web traffic and increase page visitors. Ultimate Web Traffic offers different traffic packages. The most popular type is the targeted traffic, which targets your audiences on the basis of the targeted country by choosing from a massive range of more than 300 different categories.
Taking care of your pet is like taking of your child. There are some things you must put in mind to ensure that the pet is living a good life too. All those people who own the pets are always advised to follow the following tips to make sure the pets stay healthy at all times.
i. Take the pet for regular exams
take the pet for regular exams
The pet is just like a person. You need to take it for regular exams if you dream about having a healthy pet. The pet is likely to develop some serious complications if there are not examinations taken. During the regular exams, it is easy for the pet owner to discover about the different conditions that the pet might have. Sometimes the conditions might be internal making it hard to see by the pet owner. The exam is also important to find about the pet allergies and how to avoid them altogether. Ensure that the pet get several checkups annually.
ii. Prevent parasites and infections
The pets are likely to catch common pet diseases if the owner is not caring. You need to take the time to deal with parasites that might harm the pet. Visit the veterinary offices to see the new methods of combating parasite and infections. The vet will help in finding the suitable methods to combat the parasites. Some people might try to treat the pets without the vet’s information. Do not attempt to administer the treatment for a pet when you are not sure about it.
iii. Maintaining a healthy weight and diet
Who knew that the pets also needed a weight check every now and then? Many pets are now obese because most of their owners do not seem to care so much about the pet weight. You have to watch the pet’s weight occasionally to ensure that it stays healthy at all times. Overfeeding is the main cause for having obese pets. When it comes to the diet, the pet also needs proper diet to ensure that it stays healthy. The diet should have all the needed components needed by the dog. Proper care of the pet leads to an impressive looking pet.
iv. ID microchip for your pet
It is common to see some people posting an image of their lost dog or cat. These people never implanted a chip for tracking the pet. The microchips are now easily available to make it easy to track the pets in case they get lost. You do not want the pet out there confused without its owner.